i have literally been on campus for ONE DAY and i spent 90% of my time today in my room and yet somehow every single person i saw today was unquestionably gorgeous.
How Cecil thinks Carlos does science:
How Carlos actually does science:
Star Trek 3 we’re doing the thing with the whales again
Star Trek 3 we’re putting the borg in this despite the fact that they’re not supposed to show up until tng suck it nerds
Star Trek 3 just fire everybody and rehire Sir Patrick Stewart and have him do shakespeare on the enterprise set
Star Trek 3: Pon Farrder
Star Trek 4: Pon Farr With a Vengeance
Star Trek 5: Live Free or Pon Farr
Star Trek 6: A Good Day to Pon Farr
Star Trek 18 More Whales More Problems
Star Trek 25 The Galaxy Quest Crossover
Star Trek 32 Worf and Data go to White Castle
Star Trek 50: We Have Managed to Clone Ricardo Montalban Lets Do this Khan Shit Again
Star Trek 51 We Literally Spend The Entire Movie On A Lingering Shot of Ricardo Montalban’s Pecs
OMG I LAUGHED TOO HARD.
when people ask why more comic book characters should be cast as PoC just reply with this
Mills College, a women’s school in Oakland, California, has just made history.
The college has adopted a written policy explicitly stating that trans women are welcome to attend the school, making it the first single-sex school in the country with such a policy.
According to school officials, between 3 and 5 of the school’s 1,000 applicants each year identify as trans or gender nonconforming; this policy will make it easier for these students to apply and attend, should they so choose. The first students for whom the new policy applies will begin their classes this coming spring semester.
“When people can be authentically who they are — that’s who Mills is,” said Mills senior Tess Fillbeck-Bates.
“This is really just a codification of our practice for several years,” said Brian O’Rourke, vice president for enrollment management.
This is a HUGE deal for students of all gender identities. When colleges and universities are inclusive and affirming on paper as well as in practice, it sets a standard for other schools to follow. Well done, Mills. Well done.
Tagged by shadowbends
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below. Tag at least 10 followers.
- Name: Well, obviously it’s Dedicatedfolower467.
- Nickname: Def, Big E
- Birthday: yeah, nomelanin, I totally have one, too.
- Gender: cis woman
- Sexuality: demisexual/still exploring/don’t really care.
- Height: something like 5’ 2”
- Time zone: EST
- What time and date is it there:Sunday, August 31st, 11:28 pm.
- Average hours of sleep I get each night: Probably 6-7 hours of actual sleep.
- OTPs: God where do I even begin. At the moment I’m really feeling the Cecilos and the Newt/Hermann.
- The last thing I Googled was: Horse skeleton images.
- First word that comes to mind:coconut
- What I last said to a family member: love you, bye
- One place that makes me happy and why: There’s the one archway at Peterhouse College at Cambridge university that I used to sit under when I was studying there, and it was always peaceful and there were always interesting people walking around and the green was just SO GREEN.
- How many blankets I sleep under: as many as I can stand, the heavier the better.
- Favourite beverage: Diet Dr. Pepper
- The last movie I watched in the cinema was: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Three things I can’t live without: Internet, books, and things to draw or write in.
- A piece of advice for all my followers: Reevaluate your goals whenever you need to.
- You have to listen to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
- My blog(s): this one and alfdisandgunnora, all my others are pretty much defunct.
- I tag: gossamer1323, captainspook, cognitivemiscellanea, scp-3068, lostliddell, eggypeggy
Only do it if you want to, I don’t want people feeling like they have to!
Legit though. Everyone in ATLA/TLOK is Asian. There is no disputing this. They were not trying to be “racially ambiguous” with Aang or Asami. They were not incorporating only a ‘few’ Asian cultures. Everything everyone is wholly Asian based—and this is not just an outsider’s perspective. Bryan and Mike have reiterated time and time again that there are no white characters and that the world is Asian. Fans need to stop arguing petty semantics and realize that the Avatar universe has zippity do da to do with anything white European and accept the creators’ word. There is so much you can argue over this series, but for god’s sake, don’t choose what’s been factually confirmed so goddamn much to bicker over.
Frankly, the idea that Aang n Asami can be considered by some as ‘racially ambiguous’ disturbs me the most, particularly in the former’s case. Aang and the Air Nomads are very, very, very obviously based on Tibetan Buddhists. You can tell this from how closely they follow Buddhist monk practices, how the method of finding the real life Dalai Lama is copied over to finding the Avatar, how the current Dalai Lama’s name is Tenzin Gyatso. Hell, Aang’s clothes in season three are HIGHLY reminiscent of the Dalai Lama’s. Furthermore, Asami’s lineage is Fire Nation, which took heavy influence from Chinese and Japanese cultures—she’s not ‘racially ambiguous’ either.
Just because a character’s skin may be light does not mean they are white. Avatar has zero white characters. Honestly, trying to argue otherwise not only makes you seem foolish, but disrespects both the creators and actual Asian peoples. Think on that guys.
Eeyore is just one of those characters that you wanna scoop up and hug forever.
One awesome thing about Eeyore is that even though he is basically clinically depressed, he still gets invited to participate in adventures and shenanigans with all of his friends. And they never expect him to pretend to feel happy, they just love him anyway, and they never leave him behind or ask him to change.
And he does feel happy, though. He can be happy. He just doesn’t show it as much as the others do.
There was a whole episode about that - Piglet sees him sitting on a hilltop and thinks he’s sadder than usual, and does all he can to cheer him up. Nothing works and the next day he’s back on the hill, and Piglet apologizes because he thinks in trying to help, he just made him sad again and ”I don’t come here when I’m sad. I come up here because I’m happy.”
There’s just something about that…
This is a big win for anti-rape activists, many of whom have been touting the necessity of an “affirmative consent” standard for years. California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) has the next month to sign the bill into law. If he does, schools across the state would be required to define consent before engaging in sexual activity as an “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement” or risk losing state financial aid funding.
Are people STILL talking about singular “they” being gramatically ~incorrect~?? As if it’s like
Nurse: “Doctor, call for you on line 2.”
Doctor: “Please tell him/her I will call him/her back & ask if he/she wants to leave a message.”
third wheeling two girls who are best friends is so much worse than third wheeling a couple
don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved Batman since I was a tiny child, but I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that he has the personality of very grim yogurt